October 26, 2021, The Yard and Road Workshop Part I: Automation
9am (New York), 2pm (London), 3pm (Berlin/Rome), 5pm (Dubai)
Webinar Description: From in-plant to outbound, from robots to routing, and from trucking to tracking: Automation in logistics has reached new levels. But despite all the tools and excitement, the question remains: What does it bring to the table? Where can we find the greatest return on investment? Which mobile tools provide the highest digital torque?
In this hands-on Logistics Tech Short we’ll put yard and road automation the test. Watch Holger Süß (Axians) and Karsten Horn (INFORM) as they dismantle the common automation tools and explain what they can do for cement, aggregates, or ready-mix producers.
– An update on latest yard technology and AI-powered transport planning.
– The pros and cons of automation and digitalization in logistics.
– Latest self-driving technology trends and their limitations.
– Why data exchange and interfaces are the key drivers for automation.
– How to avoid a data mess and to lay a clean and green foundation for rapid access.
– What new skill sets are required to manage and run automated supply chains?
How companies in the construction sector are welding IT and OT together to create a single solution
For a long time, OT and IT were run separately, but are now increasingly coming together in the course of digitalization. In this article, Marc Graner, Managing Director at Axians Industrial Applications & Services in Ulm, explains the connection of the two worlds in the branch of the construction industry.
May 20, 2021, Logistics Tech Short: Rivals or Allies? Yard and Road in Cement Logistics
9am (New York), 2pm (London), 3pm (Berlin/Rom), 5pm (Dubai)
Webinar Description: Logistics Tech Shorts – a series of 20-minute webinars on optimization technology in the building materials industry.
Designed to stimulate and challenge your thinking on how technology impacts logistics in the modern age, Logistic
Tech Shorts deliver a blend of big picture thinking with practical ideas you can apply today.
Take part of this event and learn more about:
– An update on latest yard technology and algorithms for transport optimization
– How an integarted process design can optimize the utilization of all logistical assets.
– A step-by-step roadmap on how to connect production, yard and distribution.
– A quick look into possiblities of yard management automation & optimization.
– How to push the full enveleope of your logistics performance.
November 18-19, 2020, OPTIMISATION 2020
Meet us at OPTIMISATION 2020 – an online conference focusing on the latest developments
in cement technology at 18th & 19th November 2020 – 14:00 (GMT).
Have a look at Axians Industrial Applications & Services virtual booth and live presentation at 15:00 (GMT).
We are looking forward to your visit!
Register for free: https://www.worldcement.com/optimisation/